Even knitters new to Fair Isle knitting can create their own designs. Nicki uses her collection of designs in the book to show how you can substitute alternative patterns or motifs, modify new ones and design new patterns. She also illustrates how you can use colour theory to develop simple schemes with a few colours. Then she shows you how to use inspirational images to create complex colour schemes using one or two sets of colours.
This book will further expand your skills and creativity in Fair Isle knitting and design.
Fair Isle Knitting and Design is a beautifully illustrated hardback book which includes:
- The development of Fair Isle knitting.
- A collection of Fair Isle patterns and motifs.
- Exercises to develop a sense of colour and apply colour theory to Fair Isle knitting.
- Detailed step-by-step guides for the techniques used in Fair Isle knitting.
- Five original designs.
- Guidance on adapting existing Fair Isle projects and designing your own projects.
The patterns included are Tessare fingerless mittens, Love of Lupins cowl, Colours of Autumn scarf, Rose Petal mittens and All the Fish sleeveless sweater. The patterns are only available in the book. Yarn packs are available for Love of Lupins cowl, Colours of Autumn scarf, Rose Petal mittens and All the Fish sleeveless sweater.
Published June 2020 by The Crowood Press.