Want to learn how to crochet?
Crochet for beginners
Whether you have never tried to crochet or have tried and struggled, Nicki will help you master the basic stitches. She’ll help you understand crochet abbreviations and follow written instructions, as well as crochet symbols and crochet charts. After finishing the How to Crochet for Beginners short course you’ll know how to make and join granny squares. You’ll be able to make cushion covers, bags, scarves and throws: anything that is based on a square or rectangle!
“Absolutely loved doing these classes. From a complete beginner to being able to do Granny Squares! Looking forward to doing the next 3 classes”
The Being Knitterly Studio is in a beautiful Edwardian house in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
Full details and directions will be sent to you upon booking.
First class: holding yarn and hook while making chain and double crochet stitches.
Second class: slip stitch, treble crochet stitch, changing colour as well as a granny square.
Third class: joining granny squares and a small project such as a mobile phone cover.
You will learn to:
- Choose the right hook for yarn.
- Hold the hook and yarn.
- Make a chain, slip stitch, double and treble crochet stitches.
- Make a traditional granny square.
- Join granny squares as well as understand basic crochet instructions.
- Yarn for samples and project.
- A crochet hook.
- A summary of the techniques covered.
- Notebook and pen.
- New crocheter (you’ve never tried to crochet).
- Beginner crocheter (you’ve tried to crochet, but lack confidence or are rusty or just prefer to learn with a tutor).