Want to learn how to knit?
Think you cannot knit or not sure you knit correctly?
Whether you have never tried to knit or have tried and struggled, During the How to Knit for Beginners short course Nicki will help you master the basic stitches. She’ll help you understand knit abbreviations and follow simple written instructions. After three classes you will have the confidence to make your own simple projects such as a knitted bunny.
The Being Knitterly Studio is in a beautiful Edwardian house in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
Full details and directions will be sent to you upon booking.
First class: holding yarn and needles while casting on, knitting and purling, and casting off;
Second class: swapping between knit and purl within a row to make knit-purl stitch patterns such as ribs and moss stitch;
Third class: joining knitted squares and a small project such as a bunny from a square.
You will learn to:
- Choose the right needles for yarn.
- Hold needles and yarn.
- Cast on and off.
- Knit and purl.
- Do garter stitch, stocking stitch, ribs and moss stitch.
- Join knitting together as well as decoding pattern abbreviations.
- Yarn for samples and project.
- A pair of knitting needles.
- A summary of the techniques covered.
- Notebook and pen.
- New knitter (you’ve never tried to knit).
- Beginner knitter (you’ve tried to knit, but lack confidence or are rusty or just prefer to learn with a tutor).
Please take a look at the How to Knit for Improvers short course, if you can already cast on and off, knit and purl, work garter stitch and stocking stitch.